Are you looking for Simplilearn reviews? Do you want to know about Simplilearn PMP review?
After reading this post you would know if Simplilearn PMP Certification training course a good buy or not?
The Simplilearn PMP training course is designed by Jeff Allen and Tim Jerome. It is based on PMBOK Guide 6th edition and has a good mix of elearning videos & reading material. It provides 35 PDUs / contact hours of formal project management education for taking the credential exam.
Simplilearn is a very old and established training company. It is one of the world’s leading certification training providers. It is a PMI’s Registered Education Provider (REP). It has various offerings that help the aspirants to attain Business, IT, and Management certifications. All the courses are designed by experts in their respective fields.
Simplilearn PMP Review – What Is Included In The Certification Training Course?
Simplilearn program provides a good mix of project management knowledge and PMP exam prep material. It includes 8 industry case studies, 20 industry based scenarios, and 6 hands-on projects that help in gaining project management knowledge. It also includes PMP orientation videos, 7 simulation tests, and other exam related study material.
Overall, the program design is good. But it fails to completely address the exam preparation aspect.
Simplilearn PMP training is delivered in two formats:
- Self-learning online– this includes 180 days access to 29 hours of videos and online eLearning content.
- Online classroom– this includes 90 days access to multiple batches of instructor led virtual classes and 180 days access to self-learning content.
The course is divided into multiple lessons with each lesson catering to a Knowledge Area (KA). Each KA has videos that enhance the learning. There are a quizzes at the end of each chapter that validate students’ learning. Overall it includes all of the following:
- 35 contact hours / PDU certificate from Global PMI REP
- Complete coverage of PMBOK Guide 6th edition and exam objectives
- Exam prep material updated for 2018 changes
- 29 hours of online videos
- Downloadable presentation slideshow
- 8 industry case studies and 20 industry based scenarios
- 6 hands-on projects
- 7 full length simulation exams
Simplilearn PMP Training
I have done a thorough Simplilearn PMP review and analyzed it critically. I have also compared it against the other leading courses. After completing this training, you would receive a 35 contact hour certificate that will fulfill the mandatory educational requirement for taking the exam. It can be your first step towards the credential exam. Let us look at look at the pros & cons.
Flexi-pass that provides access to multiple instructor led sessions. Even if you miss a session, you have the option to attend another session.
- The enrollment process is simple and easy.
- The Learning Management System (LMS) is intuitive and easy to use. It keeps track of your learning progress.
- The content can be accessed via Android and iOS apps. You can potentially learn at anytime and from anywhere.
- The videos have studio quality and are very well made.
- The eLearning material is designed by experts. It has all the attributes of a good self-learning training viz. decent pace, good voice quality, clarity in instruction and streamlined flow.
- There is complete coverage of all the exam topics. 2018 exam changes are also included.
- The content includes learning games and quizzes to help you regularly check & validate your knowledge.
- The content includes 7 Full-length mock tests, which are essential for the final exam prep.
- The course provides good orientation & knowledge of PM fundamentals but it does not completely focus on the PMP exam.
- The duration of some of the videos is less than a minute. Even though the content coverage is complete but frequent change of videos is a little bit disconcerting.
- The study assistance is provided through online forum by regular support staff.
- The videos could have been made more interesting by including some anecdotes.
- The pace of instruction is good but sometimes you want skim/skip over a few things. The video player does not have the feature to increase/reduce the speed of instruction.
- Apart from the main course advisor, Simplilearn does not share the profile of their trainers. The trainer may be completely novice.
|Technology Aids:||(4.5 / 5)|
|Study Aids:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Study Assistance:||(3.0 / 5)|
|Access Duration:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Content Quality:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.0 / 5)|
Final Words – Is Simplilearn Certification Good?
Simplilearn is an old & established training company. They have been providing good quality courses for almost a decade. But I would suggest you to look at other options.
As per my Simplilearn PMP review, this course provides good orientation of PM Fundamentals. The program includes a flexi-pass that gives access to multiple instructor classes during 90 day period.
However, on the downside the program does not completely focus on the exam prep. It is richly priced even after the discount. Lastly, Simplilearn does not inspire confidence by not sharing the details of their trainers.
If you want to learn PM fundamentals and looking for a well designed program, then you can buy this course. It is available at special exclusive discount on this blog.
If you decide against Simplilearn’s program, you can take their 200 Q free practice test. It will help you in passing the exam.
Simplilearn logo is taken from the company website.
Disclosure: I have not received any compensation (in cash or kind) from the Authors or Simplilearn or anyone else associated with the training courses. But this article contains affiliate links – it means that, if you click & buy from these links then, I will receive a small commission. This commission helps me in maintaining this blog for free. However, you don’t pay anything extra. I do not actively use any of these products since I am already certified. But, I recommend only those products that I believe will definitely help the certification aspirants.