Simplilearn PMP Review – 10 Pros & Very Few Cons Makes This Training A Compelling Buy
Based On: PMBOK Guide 5th Edition
Course Advisor: Jeff Allen
Contact Hours / PDU: 35
Price – Self-Learning: USD
499 349.30 (Most Countries) / INR 8999 6299.30 (India Price)
Price – Online Classroom: USD
999 699.30 (Most Countries) / INR 14449 10114.30 (India Price)
Money Back Guarantee?: Available
Simplilearn is a very old and established training company. It is one of the world’s leading certification training providers. It has various offerings that help the aspirants to attain Business, IT, and Management certifications. All the courses are designed by experts in their respective fields. In this article you would find Simplilearn PMP review.
PMP Course – What Is Included?
The design of this course is very good. While many other certification courses focus on passing the exam, this one gives a special focus to project management knowledge. It includes 5 industry case studies and 12 scenario-based games that are helpful in learning project management concepts.
Simplilearn PMP training is delivered in two formats:
- Self-learning online format– this includes 180 days access to 29 hours of videos and online eLearning content.
- Online classroom format– this includes 90 days access to multiple batches of instructor led classes. In addition this option also gives 180 days of access to self-learning content.
The course is divided into multiple lessons with each lesson catering to a Knowledge Area (KA). Each KA has videos that enhance the learning. There are a quizzes at the end of each chapter that validate students’ learning. Overall it includes all of the following:
- 35 contact hours / PDU certificate from Global PMI REP
- Complete coverage of PMBOK Guide 5th edition and exam objectives
- Exam prep material updated for 2016 changes
- 29 hours of online videos
- Downloadable presentation slideshow
- 5 industry case studies and 12 scenario-based games
- 83 end-of-chapter quizzes
- 5 full length simulation exams
Simplilearn PMP Training Review
I have done a thorough Simplilearn PMP review and analyzed it critically. I have also compared it against other leading courses. It goes beyond the exam as it helps you in understanding project management fundamentals. After completing this training, you would receive a 35 contact hour certificate that will fulfill the mandatory educational requirement for the exam. I believe, it can be your first step towards the certification.
Let us look at look at the pros & cons.
Flexi-pass that provides access to multiple instructor led sessions. Even if you miss a session, you have the option to attend another session.
- The enrollment process is simple and easy.
- The Learning Management System (LMS) is intuitive and easy to use. It keeps track of your learning progress.
- The content can be accessed via Android and iOS apps. You can potentially learn at anytime and from anywhere.
- The videos have studio quality and are very well made.
- The eLearning material is designed by an immensely knowledgeable and experienced trainer. It has all the attributes of a good self-learning training viz. decent pace, good voice quality, clarity in instruction and streamlined flow.
- There is complete coverage of all the exam topics. 2016 exam changes are also included.
- The content includes learning games and quizzes to help you regularly check & validate your knowledge.
- Simplilearn provides 24X7 teaching assistance and support.
- The content includes 5 Full-length mock tests, which are essential for the final exam prep.
- Overall the course provides good orientation & knowledge of PM fundamentals while keeping a good focus on exam prep.
- The duration of some of the videos is less than a minute. Even thought the content coverage is complete but frequent change of videos is a little bit disconcerting.
- Apart from the main course advisor, Simplilearn has not shared the profile of their trainers.
- The videos could have been made more interesting by including some anecdotes.
- The pace of instruction is good but sometimes you want skim/skip over a few things. The video player does not have the feature to increase/reduce the speed of instruction.
|Mobile Access:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Study Aids:||(3.0 / 5)|
|Study Assistance:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Access Duration:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Content Quality:||(4.0 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.2 / 5)|
Simplilearn is an old & established training company. They have been providing good quality courses for almost a decade. As per my Simplilearn PMP review, this course is extremely cost effective and provides good orientation of PM Fundamentals. The best part is flexi-pass that gives access to multiple instructor classes during 90 day period. It can become a starting point in your certification journey.
If you want to learn PM fundamentals, prepare for the exam, and looking for excellent support, then you should buy it immediately. It is available at special exclusive discount on this blog.
Simplilearn logo is taken from the company website
Disclosure: I have not received any compensation (in cash or kind) from the Authors or Simplilearn or anyone else associated with the training courses. But this article contains affiliate links – it means that, if you click & buy from these links then, I will receive a small commission. This commission helps me in maintaining this blog for free. However, you don’t pay anything extra. I do not actively use any of these products since I am already certified. But, I recommend only those products that I believe will definitely help the certification aspirants.