In this article you would find comprehensive and critical review of Joseph Phillip PMP training course, which is available on Udemy.
Udemy hosts many PMP programs that provide 35 contact hours of project management education for appearing in the PMP certification exam. Joseph Phillips PMP training is the best selling course on the platform.
Joseph Phillips is a well respected author, coach, and consultant. He writes, teaches, and advises on Project Management. He has authored many popular books including PMP Exam Prep Guide. To see complete list of his books and to know more about him, you can visit his personal website. He has also designed & developed many other project management courses including complete modules on CAPM, PMI-ACP, Agile and MS Project. To check his other offerings, you can look at the Best Project Management Courses on Udemy.
Overview Of Joseph Phillips PMP Training Course
Title: PMP Exam Prep: Earn Your PMP Certification
Hosted At: Udemy.com
Based On: PMBOK Guide 5th Edition
Contact Hours / PDU: 35
Udemy’s Best Seller?: Yes
Mobile Download Available?: Yes
Note: Udemy’s offerings are available at heavy discount on this blog. The prices change frequently but you are likely to get this one for flat $14.99 or below. For current price check out the Course Page or PM Courses Listing Page.
What Is Included In This Course?
- 35 contact hours / PDU certificate from PMI REP
- Complete coverage of PMBOK Guide 5th edition and certification exam objectives
- Exam prep material updated for 2016 changes
- 18.5 hours of online videos
- 630-page downloadable workbook in pdf format
- Maths and concept worksheets for exam formulas
- Worksheet of the 47 processes and their ITTOs
- 660 Flashcards of every term used in the PMBOK Guide in pdf format
- 14 module exams (280 practice questions) covering every chapter of the PMBOK Guide
- 100 questions final practice exam
- Downloadable Memory Sheets in pdf document
Joseph Phillips PMP Training Review
This is one of the most comprehensive training programs that I have reviewed. It has all the study aids that you would need. After completing this program, you receive a 35 contact hour certificate that will fulfill the mandatory educational requirement for the exam.
This program is hosted on Udemy, which itself gives many advantages. It is the largest provider on online training programs. At the time of writing this article, it had more than 55,000 online programs. I have myself taken a few courses on Udemy and I have used their mobile app. I am quite satisfied with their platform.
I believe the program is very good. Nonetheless, let us do a thorough analysis and look at the pros & cons.
This is one of the most comprehensive training courses – it contains almost everything that is required for the PMP exam prep.
- The enrollment process is simple and easy.
- The Learning Management System (LMS) is intuitive and easy to use. It keeps track of your learning progress.
- The videos & study material can be dowloaded via Android and iOS apps, meaning you could potentially learn at anytime & from anywhere.
- The videos are of studio quality and are very well done.
- The program is designed & developed by an immensely knowledgeable and experienced trainer. It has all the attributes of a good self-learning course viz. decent pace, good voice quality, clarity of instruction and streamlined flow.
- There is complete coverage of all the exam topics.
- Unlimited lifelong access with regular updates.
- The study material can be downloaded as pdf files for offline viewing & studying.
- There is a 30 day money back guarantee. If for some reason you do not like the program, you can always ask for a refund.
- The author keeps the course updated with latest changes. You get access to the latest study material.
- This is the best selling course on Udemy. It also has a vert good rating.
- Support is directly provided by the instructor. So, sometimes it may not be immediate.
- The instructor could have made the videos more interesting by including some anecdotes.
- There are only 100 mock questions in the final practice exam. You will have to buy an online simulator to practice more questions. You can read my review & comparison article for finding out the best practice exams.
|Mobile Access:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Study Aids:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Study Assistance:||(3.0 / 5)|
|Access Duration:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Content Quality:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.0 / 5)|
Joseph Phillips is the author of best selling PMP Exam Prep Guide. He has got good experience and is well established figure in certification industry. This course is extremely cost effective and provides very good content coverage. It is priced at $200 but it is available at special discount on this blog. The value of this program far exceeds the discounted price. You get unlimited lifetime access at a fraction of cost. I have looked at few other programs on Udemy and found it to be very good.
If you want lot of study material and want to save lot some money, then you should immediately buy this course.
Disclosure: I have not received any compensation (in cash or kind) from Udemy, program authors or anyone else associated with the educational companies. But this article contains affiliate links – it means that I will receive a small commission if you click & buy. This commission helps me in maintaining this blog for free. However, you don’t pay anything extra. I have personally bought a few programs from Udemy and I have learned a lot from them. I recommend only those products that I believe will definitely help the blog readers.