Review of Joseph Phillips PMP Training On Udemy
Course: PMP Exam Prep By Joseph Phillips
Contact Hours / PDU: 35
In this article you would find the review of Joseph Phillip PMP training course, which is available on udemy.com. The PMP online course is designed & taught by Joseph Phillips. He is a popular author, coach, and consultant. He writes, teaches, and advises on Project Management. He is a well-respected figure in the PMP certification industry.
Joseph Phillip has authored a popular PMP exam prep book – PMP Study Guide by Joseph Phillips. To see complete list of his books and to know more about him, you can look at his personal website. He has also designed & developed many other project management training courses including CAPM, PMI-ACP, and MS Project courses. To check his other course offerings you can visit his official website.
Let us look at the comprehensive review of the online training course.
Joseph Phillips PMP Training – What Is Included?
This is one of the most comprehensive PMP training course. It includes plenty of PMP exam prep material and study aids. Following things are included as part of the course:
- 35 contact hours / PDU certificate from PMI REP
- Complete coverage of PMBOK Guide 5th edition and PMP exam objectives
- PMP exam prep material updated for 2016 changes
- 20 hours of online videos
- 630-page downloadable course workbook in pdf format
- Maths and concept worksheets for PMP exam formulas
- Worksheet of the 47 processes and their ITTOs
- 660 Flashcards of every term used in the PMBOK Guide in pdf format
- 14 module exams (280 practice questions) covering every chapter of the PMBOK Guide
- 100 questions final practice exam
- Downloadable PMP Memory Sheets in pdf document
Joseph Phillips PMP Training Review
PMP Exam Prep by Joseph Phillips is a good quality online course. It has all the study aids that a PMP aspirant needs. By completing this course, you receive a 35 contact hour certificate that fulfills the mandatory educational requirement for the PMP exam.
The course is hosted on Udemy, which itself gives lot of advantages. Udemy is the largest provider on online training courses. At the time of writing this article, Udemy has more than 40,000 online courses. I have myself taken a few courses on Udemy and I have used their mobile app. I am quite satisfied with their infrastructure.
I believe the course is very good but let us do a thorough analysis and look at the pros & cons.
This course is one of the most comprehensive PMP training courses – it contains almost everything that is required for the PMP exam prep.
- The enrollment process is simple and easy.
- The Learning Management System (LMS) is intuitive and easy to use. It keeps track of your learning progress.
- The course can be accessed via Android and iOS apps, meaning you could potentially learn from anywhere.
- The videos are of studio quality and are very well done.
- The eLearning course is done by an immensely knowledgeable and experienced trainer. It has all the attributes of a self-learning course viz. decent pace, good voice quality, clarity in instruction and streamlined flow.
- There is complete coverage of all PMP topics.
- Udemy provides lifelong access to the course.
- The course documentation can be downloaded as pdf files for offline viewing & studying.
- There is a 30 day money back guarantee. You can always ask for a refund, if for some reason you do not like a course.
- The author keeps the course updated with latest changes. You get access to the latest study material.
- This is the most popular PMP course on Udemy. It very good rating as well.
- Support is provided directly from the instructor on the Udemy forum. So, sometimes it may not be immediate..
- The instructor could have made the videos more interesting by including some anecdotes.
- There are only 100 mock questions in the final practice exam. You will have to buy an online simulator to practice more questions. You can read my review & comparison article for finding out the best PMP Exam Simulator.
|Mobile Access:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Study Aids:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Study Assistance:||(3.0 / 5)|
|Access Duration:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Content Quality:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(4.0 / 5)|
Joseph Phillips is the author of best selling PMP preparation book – PMP Study Guide by Joseph Phillips. He has got good experience and is well established in PMP certification industry. This course is extremely cost effective and provides very good content coverage. It is priced at $200 but it is available at special discount on this blog. The value of this course far exceeds the discounted price.The best part is that it provides lifetime access to the study material. I have done a comparison on cheap PMP training that cost less than $99. This is the top rated course in my comparison.
If you want lot of study material and want to save lot some money, then you should immediately buy this course.
Disclosure: I have not received any compensation (in cash or kind) from the Author or the Training Companies or anyone else associated with the training course. But this article contains affiliate links – it means that, if you click & buy from these links then, I will receive a small commission. This commission helps me in maintaining this blog for free. However, you don’t pay anything extra. I do not actively use any of these products since I am already certified. But, I recommend only those products that I believe will definitely help the certification aspirants.
Instructing.com logo is taken from company website