In this article you would find LearnSmart PMP review. This PMP online training course is designed & taught by LearnSmart Systems. It is a very old and well established training company. It is a leading PMI Gloabl REP and offers many programs on IT skills and certifications.
This course is hosted on udemy.com and company’s own website at the same price. Most of the Udemy courses are usually available at a deep discount. You can buy many PMP exam prep 35 contact hours programs for as little as $9.99. Earlier LearnSmart also extended the same offers. Unfortunately, LearnSmart has stopped participating in Udemy promotions – now you have to pay full price for its courses.
I would suggest you to look at top programs on Udemy for the current Udemy promotion and recommended project management courses.
If you still decide to invest in LeanSmart’s program, then you should buy it on Udemy. There are many advantages of Udemy platform. Udemy provides lifetime access to all its courses. It is the largest provider on online training programs. At the time of writing this article, it had more than 55,000 online programs. I have myself taken a few courses on Udemy and I have used their mobile app. I am quite satisfied with their platform.
Highlights Of LearnSmart PMP Online Training Course
Price: USD 200
Contact Hours / PDU: 35
Let us do a comprehensive LearnSmart PMP review.
What Is Included In This Udemy’s PMP Exam Prep Program?
This is a very well designed PMP training course. while many other PMP training courses focus on passing the exam, it gives a special focus on learning project management. The course is divided into sections with each section catering to a Knowledge Area. Each KA is further divided into chapter that focus on Process Groups (PG). The small chapters and videos enhances the learning. There is a quiz at the end of each chapter. Following things are included as part of the course:
- 35 contact hours / PDU certificate from PMI REP
- Complete coverage of PMBOK Guide and PMP exam objectives
- High quality online videos
- Downloadable presentation slideshow
- Downloadable flashcards, games and other study aids with each KA section
- Module level mock tests covering every chapter of the PMBOK Guide
- Final practice questions
LearnSmart PMP Review
PMP Exam Prep by LearnSmart is a good quality online course. It can be your first step in towards PMP certification. It goes beyond the PMP exam as it helps you in understanding project management fundamentals. By completing this course, you receive a 35 contact hour certificate that fulfills the mandatory educational requirement for the PMP exam.
Overall, the program is good. But let us do a thorough analysis and look at the pros & cons.
This course provides good orientation & knowledge of PM fundamentals while keeping good focus on the PMP exam prep.
- The enrollment process is simple and easy.
- The Learning Management System (LMS) is intuitive and easy to use. It keeps track of your learning progress.
- The course can be accessed via Android and iOS apps, meaning you could potentially learn from anywhere.
- The videos are of studio quality and are very well done.
- The videos have all the attributes of a self-learning course viz. decent pace, good voice quality, clarity in instruction and streamlined flow.
- There is complete coverage of all PMP topics.
- Udemy provides lifelong access to the course.
- The slideshows can be downloaded for offline viewing & studying.
- There is a 30 day money back guarantee. You can always ask for a refund, if for some reason you do not like a course.
- LearnSmart keeps the course updated with latest changes. You get access to the latest study material.
- This course has very good rating on Udemy.
- There is a pre-assessment test at the start of the course.
- Support is provided directly from LearnSmart on the Udemy forum. So, sometimes it may not be immediate.
- The videos could have been made more interesting by including some anecdotes.
- The mock questions at the end of course are KA-wise. There is no mixed question set. You will have to buy an online simulator to practice more questions. You can read my review & comparison article for finding out the best PMP Exam Simulator.
- It is not updated as per the latest PMP exam changes.
|Mobile Access:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Study Aids:||(3.0 / 5)|
|Study Assistance:||(3.0 / 5)|
|Access Duration:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Content Quality:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(3.9 / 5)|
LearnSmart is an old & established training company. They have been providing good quality courses for almost 2 decades. Although the course provides good orientation of PM Fundamentals, it is not updated for the latest exam changes. It is also not cost effective. There ane many other Udemy courses that provide much better value.
If you want to learn PM fundamentals, prepare for the exam and also save some money, then you should buy a different Udemy course.
Note: Although the course is reasonably priced and provides a good value for your money, there are better choices available. You should look at my other recommendations on project management courses to buy a PMP course for as little as $9.99.
Disclosure: I have not received any compensation (in cash or kind) from Udemy, Learnsmart, program authors or anyone else associated with the educational companies. But this article contains affiliate links – it means that I will receive a small commission if you click & buy. This commission helps me in maintaining this blog for free. However, you don’t pay anything extra. I have personally bought a few programs from Udemy and I have learned a lot from them. I recommend only those products that I believe will definitely help the blog readers.