LearnSmart PMP – Review of PMP Training Course On Udemy
Course: PMP Exam Prep By LearnSmart
Price: USD 200
Contact Hours / PDU: 35
In this article you would find LearnSmart PMP review. This PMP online course is designed & taught by LearnSmart Systems. It is a very old and established training company. It is a leading PMI Gloabl REP and offers courses on IT skills and certifications.
This course is hosted on udemy.com and company’s own website at the same price. If you want to enrol in this course, you should use Udemy. There are many advantages of Udemy. You can read more about these advantages here: Udemy Review – 11 Reasons To Buy A Udemy Course.
Let us do a comprehensive LearnSmart PMP review.
LearnSmart PMP Training – What Is Included?
This is a very well designed PMP training course. while many other PMP training courses focus on passing the exam, it gives a special focus on learning project management. The course is divided into sections with each section catering to a Knowledge Area. Each KA is further divided into chapter that focus on Process Groups (PG). The small chapters and videos enhances the learning. There is a quiz at the end of each chapter. Following things are included as part of the course:
- 35 contact hours / PDU certificate from PMI REP
- Complete coverage of PMBOK Guide 5th edition and PMP exam objectives
- PMP exam prep material updated for 2016 changes
- 31 hours of online videos
- Downloadable presentation slideshow
- Downloadable flashcards, games and other study aids with each KA section
- 365 practice questions covering every chapter of the PMBOK Guide
- 360 final mock questions
LearnSmart PMP Training Review
PMP Exam Prep by LearnSmart is a good quality online course. It can be your first step in towards PMP certification. It goes beyond the PMP exam as it helps you in understanding project management fundamentals. By completing this course, you receive a 35 contact hour certificate that fulfills the mandatory educational requirement for the PMP exam.
The course is hosted on Udemy, which itself gives lot of advantages. Udemy is the largest provider on online training courses. At the time of writing this article, Udemy has more than 40,000 online courses. I have myself taken a few courses on Udemy and I have used their mobile app. I am quite satisfied with their infrastructure.
I believe the course is very good but let us do a thorough analysis and look at the pros & cons.
This course provides good orientation & knowledge of PM fundamentals while keeping good focus on PMP exam prep.
- The enrollment process is simple and easy.
- The Learning Management System (LMS) is intuitive and easy to use. It keeps track of your learning progress.
- The course can be accessed via Android and iOS apps, meaning you could potentially learn from anywhere.
- The videos are of studio quality and are very well done.
- The videos have all the attributes of a self-learning course viz. decent pace, good voice quality, clarity in instruction and streamlined flow.
- There is complete coverage of all PMP topics.
- Udemy provides lifelong access to the course.
- The slideshows can be downloaded for offline viewing & studying.
- There is a 30 day money back guarantee. You can always ask for a refund, if for some reason you do not like a course.
- LearnSmart keeps the course updated with latest changes. You get access to the latest study material.
- This course has very good rating on Udemy.
- There is a pre-assessment test at the start of the course.
- Support is provided directly from LearnSmart on the Udemy forum. So, sometimes it may not be immediate.
- The videos could have been made more interesting by including some anecdotes.
- The mock questions at the end of course are KA-wise. There is no mixed question set. You will have to buy an online simulator to practice more questions. You can read my review & comparison article for finding out the best PMP Exam Simulator.
- The PMP exam updates for 2016 changes are covered in a separate section and are not part of the chapters.
|Mobile Access:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Study Aids:||(3.0 / 5)|
|Study Assistance:||(3.0 / 5)|
|Access Duration:||(5.0 / 5)|
|Content Quality:||(3.5 / 5)|
|Average:||(3.9 / 5)|
LearnSmart is an old & established training company. They have been providing good quality courses for almost 2 decades. This course is cost effective and provides good orientation of PM Fundamentals. The value of this course far exceeds the published price. The best part is that it provides lifetime access to the study material.
If you want to learn PM fundamentals, prepare for the exam and also save some money, then you should immediately buy this course.
Note: Although the course is reasonably priced and provides a good values for your money, there are better choices available. I have done a comparison of cheap PMP training courses that cost less than $99. You should read that article before buying this course.
Disclosure: I have not received any compensation (in cash or kind) from the Authors or the Training Companies or anyone else associated with the training course. But this article contains affiliate links – it means that, if you click & buy from these links then, I will receive a small commission. This commission helps me in maintaining this blog for free. However, you don’t pay anything extra. I do not actively use any of these products since I am already certified. But, I recommend only those products that I believe will definitely help the certification aspirants.
LearnSmart logo is taken from company website