I have written this post after a thorough examination and review of PM Prepcast products. You will find my assessment of various project management training courses and practice exam simulators in this post.
This post includes review of PMP, CAPM, and PMI-ACP exam prep products, which are available on company’s website www.project-management-prepcast.com.
Although you can read pros and cons of PMPrepcast products in this post, the immense popularity of the learning products suggests that these are excellent products and you can any one of them without having second thoughts.
Prepcast’s PMP training course has been tried and tested by 60,643 project managers in 160+ countries. It provides 50 hours of high quality video training that complements the PMBOK Guide.
PM Prepcast and Cornelius Fichtner Review
PM Prepcast is the most popular brand for training and education for PMI certification exams. The brand is owned by OSP International LLC, which was founded by Cornelius Fitchner. The company is based in Orange, California, USA and it has been coaching project managers for PMP test since 2006.
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP is a renowned educationist who has many years of project management experience under his belt. He has gained his experience by working in in various industries.
Cornelius is the man behind PM Prepcast Elite (PMP online training course) and PM Prepcast exam simulator. These are considered to be gold standard for the PMP certification exam prep. He also the host of very popular Project Management Podcast and PDU Podcast.
Cornelius started with PMP prep products but over last few years, he has extended his products line to include other credential tests. Nowadays, his company provides CAPM and PMI-ACP training courses & practice tests.
Prepcast’s courses are updated with the latest exam changes introduced by PMI.
PM Prepcast Exam Simulator
There are many mock test simulators available in the market. But this one provides the best PMP practice tests. It has 1600+ PMP exam sample questions. The simulator is very popular among exam aspirants. It is priced slightly higher than its closest competition but has all the features that an online test should have.
I would suggest you to read my post containing review and comparison of top practice tests. It contains side-by-side comparison of leading simulators. It will be useful for understanding how Cornelius’ solution weighs up against other best sellers.
- USed by 58629+ project managers worldwide
- 2280+ practice questions
- 4 complete exams with 720 questions
- 210 ITTO based questions
- Separate Quiz Pool with 1350+ questions
PM Prepcast Online PMP Training
Prepcast offers PMP training in three flavors – Basic, Elite, and Executive. Basic and Elite are regular self-learning online training programs. Executive is a mix of online and live coaching. Elite is the most popular format among the students. You can use any one of them to satisfy the PMI’s requirement of 35 contact hours of project management education.
The Basic version contains the video lessons and associated reading material. It does not have full length mock tests. The Elite version is a course bundle containing Basic and 90 days access to PM Exam Simulator. The Executive version is another program bundle that contains Elite package and live coaching from experienced Instructors.
I have recommended PM Prepcast Elite as the Top PMP online training program in my review and comparison article. You can also read my other article on Best PMP Boot Camp to understand how Executive version weighs up against the other top boot camps.
- 50 hours of extensive video training
- 35 contact hours certificate
- 25 Agile and Hybrid lessons
- 2100+ practice questions
- Downloadable videos
- Mobile friendly
- Advanced Strategies email course
PM Prepcast For CAPM
The value of these solutions is similar to the value of PMP programs. Many aspirants opt for Cornelius’ CAPM products to successfully crack the credential test.
Agile Prepcast For PMI-ACP
Just like CAPM certification, the company has two PMI-ACP exam prep products in its portfolio viz. a test simulator and an online training program.
I have reviewed and compared PMI-ACP test simulator against other leading practice tests. I have written a review article for the same. You can read Best PMI-ACP Exam Questions Simulator and check the value of Prepcast’s simulator. I
If you are looking to pursue PMI -ACP certification then I would suggest you to look at Agile Prepcast. Although I have done its review, I believe all the Cornelius’s products are good.
Agile Prepcast comes in two different flavors – Basic and Elite. Both Basic and Elite are regular self-learning online training programs. Elite is the most popular format among the students. You can use any one of them to satisfy the PMI’s requirement of 21 contact hours in agile practices.
The Basic version contains the video lessons and associated reading material. It does not contain any full length mock tests. The Elite version is a course bundle containing Basic and 90 days access to PM Exam Simulator. The Executive version is another program bundle that contains Elite package and live coaching from experienced Instructors.
Pros & Cons Of PM Prepcast
PM Prepcast offers very good exam prep solutions. You should read my side-by-side comparison articles that I have listed in above sections. You would notice that they provide a good value for your money. I have found Prepcast’s courses to be very good and can certainly recommend you to buy them.
- Renowned Customer Service & Support – you can contact the company through chat, email or online forum. They provide prompt support to your queries. The forum is well maintained and continuously monitored. All you technical questions are answered by the experts.
- Great Technology Platform – The Company uses latest technology for its eLearning programs. The videos have studio quality and practice tests have all the simulation test features.
- Experienced & Knowledgeable Subject Matter Experts – the company employs leading experts for course development and maintenance. All the video lessons are recorded by Cornelius himself. He makes the dry and boring subject very easy to understand. The videos have light touch of humor and real life project management examples.
- Excellent Quality – The Company gives high importance quality of the courses. They go through multiple review cycles. They have been checked, scrutinized, and refined over the years.
- Exam Oriented Study Aids – The Company offer various study aids for the exam prep. They are useful for not only passing the exams but also for understanding finer aspects of project management.
- Downloadable Videos – You will get unlimited access to the training videos. They can be downloaded on any mobile device or laptop. You can watch them unhindered even without a live Internet connection.
- Money Back Guarantee – The training programs comes with 100% money back guarantee with no questions asked. You can ask for a full refund within 90 days of purchase if you are not satisfied for any reason.
- Online Simulator Seems To Be Expensive – Company’s training courses are very competitively priced. In fact, their online programs are priced much lower than their competition. But some people feel that their exam simulator has a very high price. Yes, it seems a bit expensive. But the simulator provides all modern features and it is backed by excellent support. I think it offers an extremely good value for the money.
- Long Video Lessons – Some of the video lessons are very long. For regular topics, learning by reading is faster than watching videos.
- No Progress Tracking – The learning happens through downloadable videos. You cannot track your progress through a Learning Management System (LMS) or dashboard.
Over To You
Which certification test are you preparing for? Are you planning to buy a PM Prepcast course?
Which one do you think is the top advantage of PM Prepcast? Do you think there are other disadvantages?
Please leave a comment.