PMP certification is considered to be a prestigious certification. It usually is a ecstatic moment when one attains coveted PMP certification. Every week I hear news from few of my students who attain the certification. It gives me immense pleasure when I feel that my training helped them a bit in achieving the milestone.
Newly anointed PMPs also share their experiences with me. Some of the experiences shared by them are worthwhile to be shared with everyone. Recently one of my students, Mamta, attained PMP certification and shared her experiences about Prometric center. Here goes…
- Do remember to take your passport as the identification proof. It is mandatory and they do not allow sitting for the exam without the same. There was a candidate who was refused to sit though she had other ID proofs.
- They do not allow access to locker for any purpose during the PMP exam( though they allow for other types of exams). So you can keep some eatables or drink outside if required.
- They allow entry in the Prometric center only 30 minutes prior to the exam. There is no place to sit and wait outside the center unless you want to sit in one of the eating joints outside.Plan to reach accordingly.
- Plan to keep last 20-30 minutes for review of the questions that you marked separately for review.
- You can book the exam date 48 hours prior to the exam, but please pay for the exam and complete the formality at least 2 weeks prior to the exam. This should be done to keep buffer time for audit in case your application gets selected for the same. It happened with me and I got delayed in giving the exam because of the audit.
- To end with, I wish all the PMP aspirants all the very best for their exam !!
You can also look at FAQ on audit process https://www.pmbypm.com/2011/08/pmi-audit-process-faq/
Another interesting read will be how a candidate overcame misfortune at Prometric center https://www.pmbypm.com/2012/05/pmp-it-is-a-piece-of-cake/
Good luck with PMP.
thx for sharing. I will prove this information in a few weeks on my own. ^^
May be i can add some regional specific info (from germany) than.
btw. nice website, thumbs up
Thanks Markus. Good luck with your exam. Please let me know what you find.
– take your practice tests with headphones if you want extra quiet when taking the test. Prometetric will provide some but you cant take in your own obviously
– write down the math equations as soon as you get your pencil and paper and seated in your cube
– write down any memory joggers as you settle in, be surprised how the simple ideas and flows go blank in your heade when you get tired
– take the tutorial at the beginning, helps to calm the nerves for some folks
– pre-drive , pre-run the route to the test center so there are no surprises
– pre-travel to the test site so the area will seem familiar
– brain dump equations and flows as soon as you settle on the sheets of paper to refer to later in the test
– take breaks, every hour, 50 questions and eat a light snack for even 5 min to focus eyes on things not just the computer, plus get some nourishment
-believe you already passed before you start
– get rest, though that was the hardest for me
– practice sitting and tasking for periods of time so that you are used to it and can be quiet and still during periods of the test