You might be looking for a PMP formulas cheat sheet that can help you to solve mathematics questions in the certification exam.
In this post, you will find a comprehensive sheet having 45 project management formulas and 57 abbreviations. The sheet can be used as a quick reference pocket guide for solving calculation based numerical problems that might come in the CAPM or PMP exam.
Earlier, PMP exam used to have 20-30 mathematical questions. Nowadays, you might see less than 10 questions, which are quite simple and can be solved by the direct application of a formula.
The sheet is based on the PMBOK Guide 6th edition. It will help you in learning, understanding, and memorizing the PMP formulas. You can download the pdf sheet by clicking on the following above.
Top PMP Formulas for Mathematical Calculations
You can refer to the following lists for a quick reference of the top formulas. All the following formulas along with the full form of their abbreviations are listed in the downloadable cheat sheet.
1. Earned Value Management (EVM)
- SV = EV – PV
- CV = EV – AC
- SPI = EV / PV
- CPI = EV / AC
- ETC = (BAC – EV) / CPI
- EAC = AC + ETC
- EAC = AC + (BAC – EV) / CPI
- EAC = BAC / CPI
- VAC = BAC – EAC
- TCPI = (BAC – EV) / (BAC – AC)
2. Network Diagrams
- Total Float (TF) = LS – ES
- TF = LF – EF
- Free Float (FF) = ES(Successor) – ES(Present) – Dur(Present)
3. Project Estimation
- E = (O + P + 4*M) / 6
- σ = (P – O) / 6
- E = (O + P + M) / 3
- Var = σ(2)
4. Project Selection Methods
- PV = FV / (1 + r)n
- NPV = ∑PV
- ROI = Return / Investment
- BCR = Benefits / Costs
5. Expect Monetary Value (EMV)
- EMV(R) = P*I
- EMV(P) = ∑EMV(R)
- Net Benefit = EMV(P) – Cost
6. Communication Channels
- C = n*(n – 1)/2
7. Procurement Management (Point of Total Assumption)
- Pt. of Total Assumption (PTA) = CP-TP/Buyer’s Share Ratio + TC
You can download the pdf file free of cost by clicking on the following button.
The pdf file can be used in one of the following four ways:
- Print it, fold it and carry it in your pocket for memorizing.
- Print it and pin it beside your study table for quick reference while doing mathematical questions.
- Save it as Desktop background on your PC or Laptop for ready reference.
- Save it on your mobile device for anytime viewing.
I have seen my fair share of cheat sheets and formula guides. I would be lying, if I said I have seen all of them that are out there. There are tens of such guides available on the web. However, I can certainly claim to have seen the more popular ones. Most of these guides are sketchy and do not cover many formulas. So, I prepared a new one to share it with the certification aspirants.
Here it is at absolutely no cost to you!
You can download the pdf sheet by clicking on the following button.
Over To You
I am confident that the cheat sheet will help you in attaining the certification. However, if you feel that it can be improved further then don’t hesitate to put in a comment below.
Otherwise, what is your opinion about PMP mathematics questions? Are they easy to solve? Do you think you can pass the exam without studying the mathematical portions of the PMBOK Guide?